您的位置:环球雅思 -> 托福听力 -> 托福考试听力训练营 04-section 1-conversation

托福考试听力训练营 04-section 1-conversation

发布:无锡环球雅思英语学校  点击数:  发布时间:2013-7-26 14:08:45

摘要: 无锡环球雅思小编为大家带来tpo托福听写训练营04-section1-conversation,考生可以借鉴参考一下,以下是具体内容:  listentoaconversationbetweenastudentandalibrarian. 
  无锡环球雅思小编为大家带来tpo托福听写训练营 04-section 1-conversation,考生可以借鉴参考一下,以下是具体内容:
  listen to a conversation between a student and a librarian.
  听下面一个学生和图书管理员的对话。
  can i help you?
  有什么能为你效劳的吗?
  yeah, i need to find a review.
  是的,我需要找到一篇评论。
  it's for my english class.
  我的英语课要用到。
  we have to find reviews of the play we are reading.
  我们必须找到我们正在阅读戏剧的评论。
  but they have to be from when the play was first performed,
  但这必须是在戏剧第一次演出时候的评论,
  so i need to know when that was and i suppose i should start with newspaper reviews and…
  所以我需要知道确切是什么时候,而且我想自己应该从报纸评论及别的什么开始找起。
  contemporary reviews.
  当代评论。
  sorry?
  抱歉?
  you want contemporary reviews.
  你需要当代评论。
  what's the name of the play?
  那出剧的名字是什么?
  it's happy strangers.
  它叫做《快乐的陌生人》。
  it was written in 1962 and we are supposed to write about its influence on american theatre and show why it's been so important.
  它创作于1962年,我们打算写关于它对美国剧院的影响并展示它的重要作用。
  well, that certainly explains why your professor wants you to read some of those old reviews.
  嗯,那就可以理解为什么你的教授要你们读一些旧的评论。
  the critiques really tore the play to pieces when it opened.
  当这剧开演的时候那些批评真的快要将其炮轰的体无完肤。
  it's so controversial.
  如潮而至的争议。
  nobody had ever seen anything like it on the stage.
  没有人曾见过这样的一出舞台剧。
  really? is that a big deal?
  真的吗?它有这么大的影响力?
  oh, sure.
  哦,当然。
  of course the critiques' reaction made some people kind of curious about it.
  当然这些批评的反应引起了一些人对它的好奇。
  they wanted to see what's causing all the fuss.
  他们想知道是什么招来了这些抱怨。
  in fact, we were on vacation in new york.
  事实上,当时我们是在纽约度假。
  oh, i had to be, eh, around 16 or so, and my parents took me to see it.
  哦,那时的我应该是,嗯,大约16岁,而我的父母曾带我去看过它。
  that would've been about 1965.
  那时候大约是1965年。
  so that was the year premier, great, but eh, newspaper from back then weren't online, so, how do i…
  所以那一年,嗯,不错,但当时没有在线报纸,那我该如何是好…
  well, we have copies of all the newspapers in the basement, and all the major papers publish reference guides to their articles reviews, etc.
  嗯,我们在地下室有所有的报纸复印件及所有主要文章出版过的参考指南评论等。
  you will find them in the reference stacks in the back.
  你在后面的参考堆中可以找到。
  but i start with 1964, so i think the play had been running for a little while when i saw it.
  但我会从1964年开始,所以当我想自己看的时候这剧已经演了一段时间。
  how do you like it?
  你喜欢它什么呢?
  i mean just two characters on the stage hanging around and basically doing nothing.
  我的意思是只有两个人物在舞台上无所事事,基本上什么都不做。
  well, i was impressed.
  嗯,那出剧给我的印象非常深刻。
  the actors were famous, and besides it was my first time in a real theatre.
  演员很著名,而且这是我第一次在真正的剧院观看演出。
  but you are right.
  但你是对的。
  it was definitely different from many plays that we read in high school.
  它绝对不同于我们所读高中的许多剧本。
  of course, in a small town the assignments are pretty traditional.
  当然,在一个小镇所布置的作业是非常传统的。
  yeah, i've only read it but it doesn't seem like it would be much fun to watch.
  是的,我只拜读过,但看起来它不像是很有意思。
  the story doesn't progress in any sort of logical matter, doesn't have real ending either, just stops.
  这个故事没有任何合乎逻辑的进展,没有真正的结束,只是戛然而止。
  honestly, you know, i thought it was kind of slow and boring.
  老实说,你知道,我认为这有点拖沓而且显得无聊。
  oh, well i guess you might think that.
  哦,好吧,我猜你可能就是这样认为。
  but when i saw it back then it was anything but boring.
  但我当时看的时候可一点都不无聊。
  some parts were really funny, but i remember crying too.
  一些桥段是真的有趣,但是我记得也为之哭过。
  but i'm not sure just reading it.
  但我不确定只是读过就能拥有一样的感觉。
  you know, they've done this play at least once on campus.
  你知道,他们已经至少一次在校园里演出。
  i'm sure there is a tape of the play in our video library.
  我相信在我们的视频库有一盒这出剧的磁带。
  you might want to borrow it.
  你可能会想借。
  that's a good idea.
  太好了。
  i'll have a better idea of what i really think of it before i read those reviews.
  在我读那些评论前,我真的觉得自己会有真实的想法。
  i'm sure you will be surprised that anyone ever found it radical.
  我相信你会感到惊讶,有人发现它激进。
  but you will see why it is still powerful, dramatically speaking.
  但是丝毫不夸张的说,你会明白为什么它仍然那么有感染力。
  yeah, it must be something about it, or the professor wouldn't have assigned it.
  是的,一定是关于其中的一些东西,否则教授不会指派它。
  i'm sure i'll figure it out.
  我相信我会发现其中的奥秘。
  更多精彩请关注无锡环球雅思www.wx-ielts.com

更多雅思资讯请访问 >>>无锡环球雅思

分享到:

热点专题

无锡校区地址:无锡市崇安区中山路531号红豆国际广场11层1105室

咨询、报名服务:400-6869-621(24小时为您服务) 北京三行华拓科技发展有限公司 版权所有 环球雅思学校

copyright @ 2016 www.wx-ielts.com. all rights reserved

京icp证040377号 京公网安备:110108005028号